Tuesday 30 December 2014

Detox... Day 1

So Christmas is over and although the cupboards are still bursting at the seams with food, I'm done with feeling bloated.  I was actually ready to start a detox before Christmas, but that would have been torture, so I held out and enjoyed all the fabulous food... well Christmas only comes round once a year.  

I had planned to start the detox on Saturday but didn't anticipate how long the mountains of food would last.  So although there is still a lot left, they are things that my boyfriend will happily eat.  

Day 1 of the detox started yesterday, and to get the full picture of each day I will upload the following day.  I am loosely followoing J J Smith's 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse.  I say loosely because the book was due to arrive later in the day and once it did I found that she details making one large smooothie in the morning and using this all through the day, but I prefer to have different smoothies for each meal, I'm easily bored!

So for the first smoothie I had a concoction of spinach, pineapple, green grapes and apple and it was prettty tasty.


Although I'm sure it doesn't look tasty!  Then for lunch I had spinach, banana, raspberries and almond milk, which again was good.  Then the book arrived and I found that the recipes only used water so I won't be using almond milk again.  I found a few more ingredients that were needed so made my way to the supermarket to pick these up, having a few nuts beforehand to try and curb the hunger.  The side effects had started.  I was feeling a little 'spacey' and not able to concentrate, but managed to get everything on my list.  I got home and had a spoonful of peanut butter and took my dog for a walk.  

For the evening smoothie I had a small version of the recipe from the book and then a had a few nuts and seeds.  The headache was starting.  Caffeine withdrawal, as I had only been drinking water all day, and boy did it hit.  I went to bed early and had a really bad night's sleep because of the pain, similar to a migraine, and the nasea.  I ended up getting up at about 3am to have some paracetamol and having some better quality sleep after that.  

Here's hoping the benefits will start soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment